For District Admins: Getting Started with Districts and Networks
For District Admins: Logging-in to Your District or Network Account
Creating & Managing Users
For District Admins: Adding and Managing Users in Your District or Network of Schools
For District Admins: District and Network Roles and Permissions
High School Account Administrators
Gathering Your Data for Initial Onboarding
District Clever - SIS Parent
District ClassLink Rostering - SIS Parents
District Clever/Naviance - SIS-Parent
District ClassLink Roster/Naviance - SIS-Parent
District Naviance Only - SIS Student/Parent/Teachers
District SIS only - Students/Parents/Teachers
SIS Only - Students/Parents/Teachers
Naviance Only - Students SIS/Parent/Teacher
Clever/Naviance - SIS-Parent
ClassLink/Naviance - SIS-Parent
Clever Only - SIS Parents
ClassLink Rostering - SIS Parents
Updating Your Data
Bulk Add/Update Students
Bulk Add/Update Student GPAs
Bulk Add/Update Transcripts
Bulk Add/Update School Photos
Importing Student Historical Applications
Add/Update ACT Scores
Entering ACT and PreACT Scores via Rapid Manual Entry
College Board (AP, PSAT/NMSQT, SAT) Test Score Imports
Entering TOEFL Scores via Manual Entry
Bulk Add/Update Parents & Guardians
Managing College Contacts
Importing Other Data Updates
Understanding Error Messages
Bulk Add/Update Senior Courses
Connecting to a Data Integration
Clever Integration with Data from Naviance including Parent Data
Clever Integration with Data from Your SIS
Creating & Managing Users
Users Page Overview
Adding and Managing Faculty and Staff
Inviting Faculty and Staff
Faculty and Staff Roles and Permissions
Assigning Counselors to Students
Informing Your Users
Rollout Best Practices
Class Rollover in Scoir
Managing School & Account Settings
School Account & Settings Overview
Enable Application Material Processing
Setting Your High School Student Email Domain
Setting Up and Enabling Advanced Email
Ensuring Emails will be Delivered
Request a GPA scale change
Display School Photos For Students on their Profile
Configuring Your SSR
Managing Student Transcript Settings
Configuring FERPA Waiver & Release Forms
Managing Your Recommendations Settings
School Logo and Template for Teacher Recommendations
Student Self-Reporting for GPA and Test Scores
Understanding Scattergram Display Settings
Editing the Global Requirements for a College
Counselor Dashboard Overview
For High School Staff (Counselors/Teachers): Managing Your Account
For Counselors: Creating a Demo Student Account
For Counselors: Add A New Individual Student
For Counselors: Student Registration Process
For Counselors: My student has a Scoir account but I can't see their data
For Counselors: Edit Student Profiles
For Counselors: Sorting Students using Filters
For Counselors: Create and Manage Student Groups
For Counselors: Viewing your Student's Document Storage (MyDrive)
For Counselors: Bulk Adding Files & Links to My Drive
For Counselors: Adding a YouTube video to My Drive
For Counselors: Recording Scholarships and Awards for Students
For Counselors: Set Student Outcomes and Post-Graduate Plans
For Counselors: Student Transferring High Schools
For Counselors: Removing Students from Scoir
For Counselors: How to Disenroll/Delete Students When You Use Clever
Messaging & Communications
For Counselors: Messaging Students and Parents/Guardians Directly in Scoir
For Counselors: The Email Center
For Counselors: Sending and Scheduling Emails
For Counselors: Implemented Advanced Email Integration
For Counselors: Scoir Library & Email Subscription Management
For Counselors: Creating, Publishing, and Editing Surveys
For Counselors: Viewing Survey Results
For Counselors: How do Students and Parents/Guardians know that a Survey was Sent?
For Counselors: What Notifications Will Students Receive
For Counselors: Creating Brag Sheets in Scoir
For Counselors: Notifications & Alerts
Managing Application Documents & Materials
For Counselors: Manage Application Materials
For Counselors: Send Application Materials
For Counselors: Sending Documents for Individual Students
For Counselors: Understanding What "Complete Packets Ready to Send" Means
For Counselors: Understanding What "Needs Attention" Means
For Counselors: Cancel Sent Documents - The Send Docs "Undo" Button 😮
For Counselors: Resending an Updated Transcript after it was already Sent
For Counselors: Documents Don't Populate to be Sent to College
For Counselors: Track Application Materials
For Counselors: Troubleshooting "Missing" Documents
For Counselors: How Documents Are Processed by Colleges and Universities
For Counselors: Changing Deadline Dates in Scoir
For Counselors: Secondary School Report (SSR) Overview
For Counselors: Midyear Reports and Transcripts
For Counselors: Final Reports and Transcripts
For Counselors: Grade Reports
For Counselors: Application Fee Waivers
For Counselors: Digitally Signing Early Decision Contracts
For Counselors: Completing Second Early Decision Contract for the Same Student
For Counselors: Letters of Recommendation
For Counselors: Add a Counselor Evaluation/Recommendation
For Counselors: Viewing Status of Teacher Recommendations
For Counselors: Uploading Recommendations on Behalf of Teachers/Counselors/Other
For Counselors: Managing FERPA on Behalf of a Student
Understanding FERPA - Frequently Asked Questions
For Counselors: Configuring Your Browser to Download Documents
College Search & Exploration
For Counselors: Manage Colleges on Behalf of a Student
For Counselors: Suggesting Colleges
For Counselors: Acceptance Likelihood - Reach/Level/Likely
For Counselors: Using Scattergrams to Assess Admissions Probability
Visits, Office Hours, and Calendar Management
For Counselors: Calendar Overview
For Counselors: Linking to an External Calendar
For Counselors: Scheduling In-Person Visits & Availability
For Counselors: Scheduling Virtual Visits
For Counselors: Scheduling Visits for Non-College Organizations
For Counselors: Creating Multiple College Visits at the Same Time
For Counselors: Students' Notification of College Visits
For Counselors: Understanding Scoir RSVP Dates
For Counselors: Scheduling Office Hours
For Counselors: Connecting Your Zoom Account with Scoir for Virtual Office Hour Meetings
For Counselors: Office Hours from the Student Perspective
For Counselors: How to Delete or Edit a Visit
For Counselors: Running Standard Reports on Student Data
For Counselors: Creating Custom Reports
For Counselors: Exporting Reports from Student Roster View
For Counselors: Viewing Students’ Career Interests
For Counselors/Teachers: Updating your email
Managing Your Account
Managing Letters of Recommendation
For Students: Scoir Student Overview [Video Overview]
For Students: Creating an Account on Your Own
For Students: Creating an Account When Invited by Your High School
For Students: Linking Your Existing Scoir Account to a High School
For Students: What To Do If You Have Multiple Accounts
For Students: How to Delete your Account
For Students: Personalizing your Experience
For Students: Inviting Parents/Guardians
For Students: Scoir Connected Students vs. Not Linked to a High School
Completing Your Profile
For Students: Updating your Personal Details
For Students: Changing Email Addresses or Adding Backup Email
For Students: Adding and Updating Parent/Guardian Information
For Students: FERPA Release and FERPA Waiver
For Students: Updating Your Academic Information
For Students: Recording Your Activities and Achievements
For Students: Create and Export a Resume
For Students: What is First Generation?
For Students: Building Your Career Profile
Searching For Colleges & Managing Your List
For Students: Discover Colleges
For Students: Student Interest Categories
For Students: Setting Your College Preferences
For Students: College Profiles
For Students: Viewing Scattergrams
For Students: What Following a College Means
For Students: College Compare
For Students: My Colleges
For Students: Updating Outcomes
Applying with Scoir
For Transfer Students: Filling Out Your Application Profile
For All Students: How to Begin Applications in Scoir
For All Students: Discovering Colleges You Can Apply To Using Scoir
For All Students: Applying to College Using Scoir
For Scoir Connected Students: Filling Out Your Application Profile
For Non Scoir High School/International Students: Filling Out Your Application Profile
Managing & Requesting Application Documents: Scoir Connected Students
For Students: Managing your Document Storage
Requesting Letters of Recommendation: For Scoir Connected Students
Requesting a Fee Waiver: For Scoir Connected Students
For Scoir Connected Students: Requesting a Transcript
For Students: Checklist for Ensuring Document Delivery
For Students: Digitally Signing Your Early Decision Contract
For Students: The Scoir Guide to The Common Application
For Students: Understanding Test Optional, Test Free & Test Required SAT/ACT Scores
Managing & Requesting Application Documents: Non Scoir High School/International/Transfer
Requesting a Fee Waiver: For Non Scoir High School/International/Transfer Students
Requesting Recommendations: For Non Scoir High School/International/Transfer
Requesting Transcripts & Application Documents from Your Counselor: For Non Scoir High School/International/Transfer
Registering For College Visits & Office Hours
Student Mobile Application
Managing Your Students
For Parents/Guardians: Unsuggesting a College for my Student
For Parents/Guardians: Viewing your Student’s College List
For Parents/Guardians: Viewing your Student's Document Storage
For Parents/Guardians: Digitally Signing Your Student's Early Decision Contract
Searching for Colleges
For Parents/Guardians: Searching for Colleges
For Parents/Guardians: Viewing College Profiles
For Parents/Guardians: Viewing Scattergrams
For Parents/Guardians: Suggesting Colleges
For Parents/Guardians: College Compare
Managing Your Financial Information
Managing Your Account
For Parents/Guardians: Updating/Changing Your Email Address
Creating & Managing Users
For Colleges: Adding & Inviting Admissions Staff
For Colleges: Admissions Officer Roles and Permissions
Viewing Your Dashboard
Managing Your School Profile
For Colleges: Content Management
For Colleges: College Profiles
For Colleges: Guidelines for College Profile Header Photos
Scheduling & Managing Visits
Managing Applications and Documents
For Colleges: Application Management and Rounds
For Colleges: Configuring Apply with Scoir Application
For Colleges: Apply with Scoir Application Activation
For Colleges: The Scoir CSV/Manifest File
For Colleges: Configuring SFTP Integration with Scoir
For Colleges: Troubleshooting Configuration of SFTP Integration with Scoir
For Colleges: Configuring Slate Integration with Scoir
For Colleges: Slate Mapping
For Colleges: Supported Document Types
For Non-Slate Colleges: Configuring File Preferences
For Colleges: Reviewing & Downloading Documents
For Colleges: Grade Reports
Application Profile PDF Updates
For Colleges: Scoir Index File
For Colleges: Scoir Application Integration Checklist
Engaging with Students
For Colleges: Sessions
For Colleges: Outreach Messages
For Colleges: Outreach Messages, One Time Messages
For Colleges: Outreach Messages, Automated Messages
Uploading and Mapping Your End of Cycle Report
For Colleges: Applicant Insights & Management
Supporters (Non Scoir Linked High School/International Users/Transfer Student Counselors)
How to Fill Out Letters of Recommendations for Non Scoir High School/International/Transfer Students
How to Send Application Documents for Non Scoir High School/International/Transfer Students
Community Based Organizations (CBOs)
College Search & Student Applications
Scoir's Terms of Service
Revision History to Scoir's College Terms of Service
Revision History to Scoir's High School Terms of Service
Updated by Kevin McCloskey
We periodically make changes to the terms and conditions contained in our Terms of Service with colleges. Most of these changes are immaterial and are intended to provide greater clarity and/or to comply with the ever-changing landscape of laws and regulations. A revision history is contained below.
February 6, 2023
1. If we use any third-party services, we're responsible to make sure the third-party services work appropriately.
2. In the unlikely event you create content that we determine to be incorrect or inappropriate, we'll notify you prior to removing it so that you have an opportunity to correct it.
3. In Section 3.9(e), we increased our burden of proof regarding restrictions of use.
4. If we invoice you for fees that you don't agree with, we'll work with you to resolve the matter.
5. We won't terminate your access to our services for not paying fees that we're working to resolve.
6. In the unlikely event we decide to suspend one of your users due to a violation of our terms of service, we'll provide you an opportunity to correct the matter.
7. We now indemnify you against our breach of law and/or the terms of service.
8. In our list and description of products and services in Schedule 1, we clarified that, if we transmit applications to you, we're transmitting any PII contained in those applications in accordance with FERPA.
July 27, 2022
1. In Section 3.9(c), we added a "reasonability" limitation to actions causing damage to the functionality of our software.
2. We added some clarification language to financial provisions in Section 5.
3. We added caveats to certain provisions needing to be permissible by law.
4. Some more clarification language added.
5. For the avoidance of doubt, you are not precluded from participating in any infringement claim that directly involves you.
6. We used more definitive language to provide greater assurance that any contractual disputes that might arise will be heard in state (not federal) courts in your home state.
7. Since some public institutions are prohibited from providing warranties of any nature, we removed all references to warranties throughout our terms of service...
... including "Product-Specific Terms" in Schedule 1.
June 29, 2022
In Schedule 1, Section 2.2., which is applicable to institutions receiving application materials from Scoir, we reiterated our obligations to comply with FERPA requirements regarding the protection of confidential student data.
June 13, 2022
1. We removed a provision that allowed us to modify the terms of service and seek your acceptance of those modifications. Now, the terms of service in effect on the date you receive an Order Form will remain in effect for the duration of the subscription term listed on that Order Form.
2. We replaced some "legalistic" language in Section 3.9 with more straightforward wording.
June 6, 2022
1. We clarified that Scoir will not suspend services to a customer when there exists an honest dispute over amounts invoiced.
2. Our indemnification provision extends to your trustees.
3. We clarified in Schedule 1 how our Application Integration services work, making a distinction between Initiated Form (which is applicant data we provide you) and Submitted Form (which is the fully completed application for admission). In some instances these might be the same but often an applicant will have further information to provide on your institutional app. For the avoidance of doubt, fees are charged per Submitted Form, i.e. you pay for completed applications only.
May 27, 2022
We updated Section 4.1 to correct the fact that we evaluate our product conformance to Accessibility guidelines using Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 standards, not version 2.0 standards.
April 1, 2022
We restructured our terms of service to account for the fact that Scoir now offers our college and university customers multiple products and services. These revised terms enable customers to subscribe to the specific products they want to use as part of the services we provide, rather than assume all customers use all product features we offer. View mark-up showing all changes made to new terms of service.
January 5, 2022
1. We made your obligations regarding your Invitees' use of Scoir more reasonable.
2. We removed an ambiguous "catch all" phrase from Section 4.4(e).
3. We extended our notice period before we may suspend services due to unpaid invoices.
4. We removed a non-specific term from our definition of "Present Harm."
5. We defined "how" you may terminate the Agreement in the event of IP infringement.
December 8, 2021
1. We corrected language concerning a "right" v. a "license."
2. We added language recognizing that some public institutions are extensions of state governments and, therefore, sovereign immunity limits legal proceedings to certain venues within their state judicial system.
October 1, 2021
1. While arguably self-evident, we included a statement about our obligations to report and remit any sales tax collected from our customers to the proper governmental authority.
2. We committed to maintaining records relating to fees charged to customers for a period of 5 years after your subscription term ends and making these records available to you for audit purposes.
3. If we negotiate a settlement related to our indemnity obligations, we cannot bind you to the settlement without your prior written consent.
4. We clarification purposes, we added statements acknowledging our obligations to comply with certain federal laws.
5. We modified some legal language regarding statements about our respective authority to enter into these terms of service.
6. We updated all references effected by changes 1 through 5 above.
April 9, 2021
1. We clarified your obligations regarding compliance with FERPA when we provide you Student Records, because FERPA will not apply in all cases.
2. We understand that your brand is important to you. Our previous "publicity" language either permitted us to reference you as a customer or allowed you to opt out completely. We now provide a middle option that allows us to use your brand when referencing you as a customer, but only with your prior written consent.
February 18, 2021
1. We clarified our notification obligations and reinstatement process in the event an account is suspended.
2. We now indemnify you for any IP infringement claims.
3. We now address two items that are often required by procurement offices.
4. We clarified governing law for our university customers located outside the U.S.A.
5. We updated section references, etc. related to the changes detailed above.
January 11, 2021
1. We've removed our right to unilaterally modify our terms of service, now giving you the ability to accept or decline any proposed changes to these terms.
2. We removed what was effectively an embedded "lightweight NDA" because no information is being shared under this Agreement that necessitates the previous confidentiality provisions. For customers who want to share their CRM data with us to assess attribution, we now offer a “Data Sharing and Privacy Agreement” that covers information shared for that purpose. The Data Sharing and Privacy Agreement is a separate contract, not a "supplemental term" to our Terms of Service.
3. We removed the "auto-renewal" feature of our contract term, which eliminated the need for including "changes to fees" and "termination for convenience" provisions.
4. We added details about our obligations to comply with accessibility standards, maintain adequate business insurance, and comply with equal opportunity laws.
5. We extended our payment terms to Net 30.
6. We clarified that the "Publicity" clause only gives us the ability to reference you as a customer on our digital properties and that you can remove this right at any time by filling out a simple webform.
7. We accounted for delivery of legal notices required to be presented in physical form.
8. We included a bunch of clarifying language changes that you've requested over the past several months and also updated references and terminology necessitated by the changes listed above (and fixed a couple typos along the way).
October 9, 2020
We modified actions we might take in the event of non-payment to make them consistent with changes made September 18, 2020 regarding auto-renewals. Simply put, if you don't pay your invoices, we'll suspend or terminate your use of Scoir but we won't come after you for payment.
September 27, 2020
We corrected language to make it clear that, while you are responsible for the actions of your account users, you are not responsible for the actions of any third parties.
We added additional clarifying language that our right to use your Customer Information terminates when your agreement with Scoir ends.
We changed the governing law and jurisdiction covering our terms of service from our location (Delaware) to your location.
We added additional clarifying language that our right to identify you as a Customer terminates when (if) you cease being a customer. This revised section was also excluded from "surviving provision" since the rights granted terminate when the agreement ends.
September 18, 2020
We clarified language regarding "auto-renewals" of your subscriptions. First, we provided for the fact that some plans might not be renewable and that, if applicable, this will be stipulated in your Order Form. Second, to ensure no customers are trapped into paying for software they no longer want or intend to use, we added a new "Termination for Convenience" section. This new Section 7.2 effectively states that, if you don't want to renew your subscription for another year, don't pay the invoice and our agreement with you will terminate.
We also clarified that we will delete all Customer Information when our agreement with you ends. If you ask, we'll provide you a copy of that information before we delete it.